Tuesday 28 April 2015

Shining - IX – Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends (A trip back in time)


Shining - IX – Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends


When we think of Shining a lot of people just think of all rumors and they forget the whole band and the fact they are indeed skillful musicians,
their new album Ix Everyone , Everything, Everywhere ends
is not an easy task to talk about, as so much things has happend since these days..
the first I noticed when they started streaming songs and the album , or what really caught me both of guard is the feel its all much faster than their previous record,
the second track Vilja & Dröm , is indeed my favorite of them all, the guitars are purely amazing , reminds me a lot of the new Mayhem record for some reason
not quite sure why but its the riffs that seem so much darker than before,
and indeed maybe more powerful,
chugging guitars riffs over blast beats grinding drums, indeed different from shining, but I like the approach...
Niklas voice is on top as always delivering like nothing before...
although the band never really stated they are a black metal band I can't escape but saying their new songs has a lot of those key elements that I personally love with Black metal from the early 90s, the classic sinister shining riffs are still there,
along with the lovely melodies of Huss and Euge that really creates a splender performance in one unit, on this record...
kinda like maiden in a way guitar harmonies and such truly beautiful. I admit I am a bit blown away by Niklas clean vocals , really good and somewhat strange in the same way but it really shows more than one side of the band...
I think a lot of people will compare this to be a twin album to Shining's beloved album Halmstad... I can personally hear a lot of songs that would make some of these songs to fit on Halmstad, the guitar solos that accompany the melodic riffs are just so good , its hard to not praise this record... I get a lot more of an actual band feel then before... Since this time around the album was written by Euge and Niklas then the rest contributed in the studio as people would expect...
but I do think this is their strongest work since Halmstad...
I will point out and say that its wrong to say Shining
is solely a black metal band because there are so much more influences that surrounds the band , I would say they are Extreme metal without diving to deep into the sub genres and such, since I hate label bands...
But I guess its quite impossible these days to avoid but ill do my best...
lets put it like this as Dee snider of Twisted sister once stated music and lyrics allows a person to find what they are looking for,
if you are looking for black metal you will find it in this record for sure, but its also allows a person to really find what ever they reallly enjoy in the metal world...

one song that really just stood out in sense of new records was människotankens vägglösa rum that song really reminded me of the new Mayhem record...
or at least parts of it.. the fast blast beats mostly... but as always they proove they are their own genre, with adding the clean breaks into their sound.

one of the things that I always loved with Shining is their acoustic guitar melodies that seem to haunt on every album here and there,
one song that really just stood out in sense of new records was människotankens vägglösa rum that song really reminded me of the new Mayhem record...
or at least parts of it.. the fast blast beats mostly... but as always they proove they are their own genre, with adding the clean breaks into their sound.
one of the things that I always loved with Shining is their acoustic guitar melodies that seem to haunt on every album here and there,
its a quite short album only 6 tracks but its 6 tracks of pure golden music...
I can with pride say that this album is indeed one of my favorite of 2015
so far! lets see what next door unlocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment